Monday, March 17, 2008

Open Book...

It seems I've been tagged by my Mama friend over at Little Monkey and Friends to blog on an "Open Book Meme."

These are the instructions:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends

So, here goes:

blinker \n(1636) 1: one that blinks; esp: a light that flashes off and on (as for the directing of traffic or the coded signaling of messages) 2 a: BLINDER 1 b : a cloth hood with shades projecting at the sides of the eye openings used on skittish racehorses--usu. used in pl.

I don't know what this says about me, other than I am a poor speller and need a dictionary often. But it was fun and so I TAG:
Hang In There Babywear
Everyday Unitarian
Chasing Cheerios
Village Mama
Doobleh-vay
Aunty Liz

PEACE
~~MM

6 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

hiya sweets- just saw this tag- i will get on it :) xo

Unknown said...

M-

Thanks for running with it! I think it's great you have a dictionary handy. I always stop and look up words I don't know in a dictionary I've had for years. I underline the word in the book, to remember I looked it up. In other words, I am a total geek.

S

Jennifer Howard said...

I'm a total geek also Sadaf.
And so we are in good company.
PEACE
~~MM

Mama J said...

Woo hoo--thanks MM, I love doing these things. :-) Julie

plaidshoes said...

I always have a dictionary nearby. So helpful... Now that the older two kids (6 & 7)are reading we play dictionary games with the kids version. Always fun!

village mama said...

So relieved to get your note about me 'avoiding' the meme. I too am so inspired by you and all you give to your family and the world. XO

ps yes, I would very grateful for your special french pizza crust recipe.

Where in the World?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails